Title 11, Chapter 9, Section 310
When filing required to perfect security interest or agricultural lien; security interests and agricultural liens to which filing provisions do not apply.
(a) General rule; perfection by filing. Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b) of this Code section and subsection (b) of Code Section 11-9-312, a financing statement must be filed to perfect all security interests and agricultural liens.
(b) Exceptions; filing not necessary. The filing of a financing
statement is not necessary to perfect a security interest:
(1) That is perfected under subsection (d), (e), (f), or (g) of Code Section 11-9-308;
(2) That is perfected under Code Section 11-9-309 when it attaches;
(3) In property subject to a statute, regulation, or treaty described in subsection (a) of Code Section 11-9-311;
(4) In goods in possession of a bailee which is perfected under paragraph (1) or (2) of subsection (d) of Code Section 11-9-312;
(5) In certificated securities, documents, goods, or instruments which is perfected without filing or possession under subsection (e), (f), or (g) of Code Section 11-9-312;
(6) In collateral in the secured party's possession under Code Section 11-9-313;
(7) In a certificated security which is perfected by delivery of the security certificate to the secured party under Code Section 11-9-313;
(8) In deposit accounts, electronic chattel paper, investment property, or letter of credit rights which is perfected by control under Code Section 11-9-314;
(9) In proceeds which is perfected under Code Section 11-9-315; or
(10) That is perfected under Code Section 11-9-316.
(c) Assignment of perfected security interest. If a secured party
assigns a perfected security interest or agricultural lien, a filing
under this article is not required to continue the perfected status
of the security interest against creditors of and transferees from
the original debtor.