Title 15, Chapter 11, Section 177
(a) There is established a Child Advocate Advisory Committee. The
advisory committee shall consist of:
(1) One representative of a not for profit children's agency
appointed by the Governor;
(2) One representative of a for profit children's agency appointed
by the President of the Senate;
(3) One pediatrician appointed by the Speaker of the House of
(4) One social worker with experience and knowledge of child
protective services who is not employed by the state appointed by
(5) One psychologist appointed by the President of the Senate;
(6) One attorney appointed by the Speaker of the House of
Representatives from the Children and the Courts Committee of the
State Bar of Georgia; and
(7) One juvenile court judge appointed by the Chief Justice of the
Supreme Court of Georgia.
Each member of the advisory committee shall serve a two-year term
and until the appointment and qualification of such member's
successor. Appointments to fill vacancies in such offices shall be
filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(b) The advisory committee shall meet a minimum of three times a
year with the advocate and his or her staff to review and assess the
(1) Patterns of treatment and service for children;
(2) Policy implications; and
(3) Necessary systemic improvements.
The advisory committee shall also provide for an annual evaluation
of the effectiveness of the Office of the Child Advocate for the
Protection of Children.