Title 15, Chapter 7, Section 4
(a) Each state court shall have jurisdiction, within the territorial
limits of the county or counties for which it was created and
concurrent with the superior courts, over the following matters:
(1) The trial of criminal cases below the grade of felony;
(2) The trial of civil actions without regard to the amount in
controversy, except those actions in which exclusive jurisdiction
is vested in the superior courts;
(3) The hearing of applications for and the issuance of arrest and
(4) The holding of courts of inquiry;
(5) The punishment of contempts by fine not exceeding $500.00 or
by imprisonment not exceeding 20 days, or both; and
(6) Review of decisions of other courts as may be provided by law.
(b) Each state court shall have jurisdiction, within the territorial limits of the county or counties for which it was created and concurrent with other courts having such jurisdiction, over possession of one ounce or less of marijuana, in accordance with Code Sections 16-13-2 and 16-13-30.