Title 16, Chapter 7, Section 51
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Biomedical waste" means that term as defined in paragraph (1.1) of Code Section 12-8-22 on January 1, 1993.
(2) "Commercial purpose" means for the purpose of economic gain.
(3) "Dump" means to throw, discard, place, deposit, discharge,
burn, or dispose of a substance.
(4) "Hazardous substance" means that term as defined in paragraph (4) of Code Section 12-8-92 on January 1, 1993.
(5) "Hazardous waste" means that term as defined in paragraph (10) of Code Section 12-8-62 on January 1, 1993.
(6) "Waste" means all discarded substances and materials
whatsoever exceeding ten pounds in weight or 15 cubic feet in
volume, or any such substance in any weight or volume if
biomedical waste, hazardous waste, a hazardous substance, or any
such substance or material dumped for commercial purposes. Such
term includes, without limitation, sand; gravel; slag; brickbats;
rubbish; waste material; tin cans; refuse; garbage; trash; debris;
dead animals; bottles; boxes; containers; papers; tobacco
products; tires; appliances; mechanical equipment or parts;
building or construction materials; tools; machinery; wood; motor
vehicles and motor vehicle parts; vessels; aircraft equipment;
waste oil; batteries; antifreeze; sludge from a waste-water
treatment facility, water supply treatment plant, or air pollution
control facility; air contaminants from any source or facility;
and any other discarded material or substance of every kind and
description resulting from domestic, industrial, commercial,
mining, or governmental operations.