Title 19, Chapter 11, Section 140
(a) If a support order entitled to recognition under this article
has not been issued, a responding tribunal of this state may issue a
support order if:
(1) The individual seeking the order resides in another state; or
(2) The support enforcement agency seeking the order is located in
(b) The tribunal may issue a temporary child support order if:
(1) The respondent has signed a verified statement acknowledging
(2) The respondent has been determined by or pursuant to law to be
the parent; or
(3) There is other clear and convincing evidence that the
respondent is the child's parent.
(c) Upon finding, after notice and opportunity to be heard, that an obligor owes a duty of support, the tribunal shall issue a support order directed to the obligor and may issue other orders pursuant to Code Section 19-11-124.