Title 2, Chapter 12, Section 71
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Adulterated" means any soil amendment:
(A) Which contains any deleterious or harmful agent in
sufficient quantity to be injurious to beneficial plants,
animals, or aquatic life when applied in accordance with the
directions for use shown on the label;
(B) Whose composition differs substantially from that offered in
support of registration or shown on the label; or
(C) Which contains noxious weed seed.
(2) "Bulk" means in nonpackaged form.
(3) "Distribute" means to import, consign, offer for sale, sell,
barter, or otherwise supply soil amendments to any person in this
(4) "Distributor" means any person who imports, consigns, sells,
offers for sale, barters, or otherwise supplies soil amendments in
(5) "Label" means the display of written, printed, or graphic
matter upon the immediate container of the soil amendment.
(6) "Labeling" means all written, printed, or graphic matter
accompanying any soil amendment and all advertisements, brochures,
posters, and television, radio, and oral claims used in promoting
(7) "Percent" or "percentage" means the parts per 100 by weight.
(8) "Person" means an individual, partnership, association,
corporation, or other organized body.
(9) "Product name" means the designation under which a soil
amendment is offered for distribution.
(10) "Registrant" means any person who registers a soil amendment
under this article.
(11) "Soil amendment" means any substance intended for changing
the characteristics of soil or other growth medium for the
(A) Increasing penetrability of water or air;
(B) Increasing water-holding capacity;
(C) Alleviating or decreasing soil compaction; or
(D) Otherwise altering the soil or other medium in such manner
that the physical properties are materially enhanced.
The term "soil amendment" does not include any substance for which
nutritional claims are made, such as, but not limited to,
commercial fertilizers, liming materials, or unmanipulated
vegetable or animal manures.