Title 2, Chapter 7, Section 152
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Bale" means a running bale of cotton averaging 500 pounds.
(1.1) "Boll weevil" means Anthonomus grandis Boheman in any stage
(2) "Certificate" means a document issued by the Commissioner
certifying that a regulated article is free of the boll weevil.
(3) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture, any
employee of the Department of Agriculture, or any other person
authorized by the Commissioner to act in his or her behalf.
(4) "Department" means the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
(4.1) "First buyer" means that person who first buys cotton from
the cotton grower.
(5) "Host" means any plant, plant part, or product thereof,
including cotton, which is capable of sustaining the boll weevil
in the completion of any portion of its life cycle.
(6) "Infested" means actually infested with the boll weevil or
exposed to such an extent that it would be reasonable to expect
that an infestation exists.
(7) "Noncommercial cotton" means cotton intended for purposes
other than processing.
(8) "Permit" means a document issued or authorized by the
Commissioner providing for the movement of regulated articles to
restricted destinations for limited handling, use, or processing.
(9) "Person" means an individual, corporation, company, society,
association, or other business entity.
(10) "Regulated article" means any article carrying or capable of
carrying the boll weevil, including, but not limited to, cotton
plants, seed cotton, hosts, gin trash, and equipment which may be
designated by the Commissioner.