Title 31, Chapter 7, Section 150
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Branch office" means a location or site, identified in the
application or endorsement thereto, from which a home health
agency provides services within a portion of the total geographic
area served by the parent agency and which is part of the home
health agency and is located sufficiently close to share
administration, supervision, and services in a manner that renders
it unnecessary for the branch independently to meet the
requirements of this article.
(2) "Home health agency" means a public, nonprofit, or proprietary
organization, whether owned or operated by one or more persons or
legal entities, which is engaged in furnishing home health
(3) "Home health services" means those items and services
furnished to an individual according to a written plan of
treatment signed by the patient's physician, by a home health
agency, or by others under arrangement with the home health
agency, on a visit or hourly basis, in a place of temporary or
permanent residence used as the individual's home, as follows:
(A) Part-time or intermittent skilled nursing care as ordered by
a physician and provided by or under the supervision of a
registered nurse and at least one other service listed in
subparagraphs (B) through (D) of this paragraph;
(B) Physical, occupational, or speech therapy;
(C) Medical social services; and
(D) Home health aide services.
(4) "License" means a license issued by the department.
(5) "Licensee" means the individual, corporation, or public entity
with whom rests the ultimate responsibility for maintaining
approved standards for the home health agency.
(6) "Parent home health agency" means the agency that develops and
maintains administrative controls of subunits or branch offices.
(7) "Physician" means an individual currently licensed or
authorized to practice medicine, surgery, or osteopathy in this
(8) "Plan of treatment" means a plan written, signed, and reviewed
at least every two months by the patient's physician prescribing
items and services for the patient's condition.
(9) "Registered nurse" means an individual who is currently
licensed as a registered professional nurse in this state.
(10) "Subunit" means a semiautonomous organization which serves
patients in a geographic area different from that of the parent
agency and which, by virtue of the distance between it and the
parent agency, is judged incapable of sharing administration,
supervision, and services on a daily basis with the parent agency
and must, therefore, independently meet the licensing requirements
for a home health agency and shall be separately licensed.