Title 31, Chapter 7, Section 282
The department shall be authorized to request, collect, or receive the collection and submission of data listed in subsection (c) of Code Section 31-7-280 from:
(1) Health care providers;
(2) The Department of Community Health;
(3) The Commissioner of Insurance;
(5) Third-party payers;
(6) The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare
(7) Other appropriate sources as determined by the department.
Any entity specified in paragraphs (1) through (4) of this Code
section which has in its custody or control data requested by the
department pursuant to this Code section shall provide the
department with such data, but any data regarding a health care
provider which is already available in the records of any state
officer, department, or agency specified in paragraph (2), (3), or
(4) of this Code section shall not be required to be provided to the
department by that health care provider.