Title 34, Chapter 9, Section 151
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Administrator" means any individual, partnership, or
corporation, except a sponsoring association or associations,
designated and authorized by the board of the fund to carry out
the day-to-day operations of the fund, including, but not limited
to, the processing and payment of claims.
(2) "Basic rate" means the annual premium rate charged prior to
any credit being given for applicable experience debits or credits
or for applicable discounts or surcharges.
(3) "Board of the fund" means the board of trustees of any fund
created pursuant to this article.
(4) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Insurance of the
State of Georgia.
(5) "County" means a county of this state. Such term shall
include a consolidated city-county government and any public
authority, commission, board, or similar body created or activated
by an Act of the General Assembly or by a resolution or ordinance
of the governing authority of a county, individually or jointly
with any other political subdivision or subdivisions of this
state, pursuant to the Constitution of this state or an Act of the
General Assembly and which carries out its functions on a
county-wide basis, a multicounty basis, or wholly within the
unincorporated area of a county.
(6) "Fund" means a joint fund for workers' compensation
established pursuant to this article.
(7) "Gross annual premium" means the total annual premium
determined by multiplying the payroll for the applicable workers'
compensation job classifications by the appropriate annual premium
rate for each classification.
(8) "Hospital authority" means any legally constituted board,
commission, or authority which has been created for the purpose of
and is actually governing the operation of a public hospital
created in accordance with the laws of this state.
(9) "Intrastate agreement" means the written agreement subscribed
to and abided by the members of the fund, which agreement
establishes the fund and provides for its operation and through
which each member agrees to assume and discharge, jointly and
severally, any and all liability under this article relating to or
arising out of the operations of the fund.
(10) "Member" means an employer who is a member of a fund
established by a trade association or professional association or
by a group of municipalities, counties, school boards, or hospital
authorities in accordance with this article. "Member" also means
a trade association or professional association which elects to
cover its own employees under a fund established by its members.
(11) "Municipality" means an incorporated municipality of this
state, a consolidated city-county government, and any local public
authority, commission, board, or other similar agency which is
created by a general or local Act of the General Assembly and
which carries out its functions wholly or partly within the
corporate boundaries of an incorporated municipality of this
state. This term shall also include such bodies which are created
or activated by an appropriate ordinance or resolution of the
governing body of a municipal corporation, individually or jointly
with other political subdivisions of the state.
(12) "Normal annual premium" means the standard annual premium
plus or minus applicable surcharges or discounts.
(13) "Premium" means any consideration, by whatever name called,
paid to a fund by a member for coverage under the fund.
(14) "Professional association" means a corporation or
unincorporated association which at the time it initially makes
application to form a fund under this chapter has been organized
for a period of at least three years and is domiciled in the State
of Georgia, is engaged in substantial activity for the benefit of
its members, other than the sponsorship of a fund operated
pursuant to this article, and is comprised of a bona fide group of
employers who are engaged in the same or in substantially similar
types of professions and have similar governing industry
classifications as approved by the Commissioner regarding workers'
compensation and employers' liability insurance.
(15) "School board" means a public board of education of any
county or of any independent school system of this state.
(16) "Standard annual premium" means the gross annual premium plus
or minus applicable experience credits or debits.
(17) "Surplus" means the total assets of the fund less its
liabilities and reserves as determined in accordance with the
requirements of this article.
(18) "Surplus share" or "proportionate share" means the initial
contribution paid to a fund by a member as a condition of
membership in the fund.
(19) "Trade association" means a corporation or unincorporated
association which at the time it initially makes application to
form a fund under this chapter has been organized for a period of
at least three years, domiciled in the State of Georgia, is
engaged in substantial activity for the benefit of its members,
other than the sponsorship of a fund operated pursuant to this
article, and is comprised of a bona fide group of employers who
are engaged in the same or in substantially similar types of
businesses or professions within this state and who have similar
governing industry classifications as approved by the Commissioner
regarding workers' compensation and employers' liability