Title 36, Chapter 21, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Benefit system" or "system" means the plan or plans of
employee benefits offered and administered pursuant to this
(2) "Board" means the board of directors of the ACCG Group Health
Benefits Program, Inc.
(3) "Contract" means a contract executed pursuant to this chapter
between the board and a county.
(4) "Corporation" means the ACCG Group Health Benefits Program,
Inc., a corporation established under Chapter 3 of Title 14, the
"Georgia Nonprofit Corporation Code," created to provide benefits
pursuant to this chapter.
(5) "County" means the group health benefits program operated by
the corporation; the Association County Commissioners of Georgia
and any affiliate; any Georgia county government; any consolidated
city-county government; or any public authority, commission,
board, or similar body created or activated by an Act of the
General Assembly or by resolution or ordinance of the county
governing authority, individually or jointly with any other
political subdivision or subdivisions of the State of Georgia,
pursuant to the Constitution or an Act of the General Assembly and
which carries out its function on a county-wide basis, a
multicounty basis, or wholly within the unincorporated area of a
(6) "Employee" means any salaried or hourly rated person employed
by a county. Notwithstanding any laws to the contrary, the term
also includes any appointed or elected member of the governing
authority of a county, the chief legal officer and any associate
legal officer, and any other elected or appointed county official.
(7) "Employee benefits" means group health benefits, group
short-term disability benefits, group death benefits, group
accidental death and dismemberment benefits, and such other
benefits as from time to time the board may deem advisable.
(8) "Member county" means a county which has contracted to become
a member of the benefit system as provided for in this chapter.