Title 42, Chapter 8, Section 70
(a) As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Agency" means any private or public agency or organization
approved by the court to participate in a community service
(2) "Community service" means uncompensated work by an offender
with an agency for the benefit of the community pursuant to an
order by a court as a condition of probation. Such term also
means uncompensated service by an offender who lives in the
household of a disabled person and provides aid and services to
such disabled individual, including, but not limited to, cooking,
housecleaning, shopping, driving, bathing, and dressing.
(3) "Community service officer" means an individual appointed by
the court to place and supervise offenders sentenced to community
service. Such term may mean a paid professional or a volunteer.
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this Code section, it
shall be unlawful for an agency or community service officer to use
or allow an offender to be used for any purpose resulting in private
gain to any individual.
(c) Subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply to:
(1) Services provided by an offender to a disabled person in accordance with paragraph (1) of subsection (c) of Code Section 42-8-72;
(2) Work on private property because of a natural disaster; or
(3) An order or direction by the sentencing judge.
(d) Any person who violates subsection (b) of this Code section
shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.