Title 43, Chapter 7, Section 3
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Barber" means any person who practices barbering.
(2) "Barber apprentice" means any person who practices barbering
under the constant and direct supervision of a licensed barber.
(3) "Barbering" means the occupation of shaving or trimming the
beard, cutting or dressing the hair, giving facial or scalp
massages, giving facial or scalp treatment with oils or cream or
other preparations made for this purpose, either by hand or by
means of mechanical appliances, singeing and shampooing the hair,
dyeing the hair, or permanently waving or straightening the hair
of any living person for compensation.
(4) "Barber school" means any premises, not operated as part of
the public school system of this state, where barbering is taught
for a fee or other compensation. Technical institutes whose
programs have been approved by the Department of Technical and
Adult Education are not "barber schools" within the meaning of
(5) "Barbershop" means the immediate premises upon or within which
the practice of barbering is carried on.
(6) "Barber teacher" means any person who, for a fee or other
compensation, teaches barbering to any other person.
(7) "Board" means the State Board of Barbers.
(8) "License" means a valid and current certificate of
registration issued by the division director on behalf of the
board which shall give the named person to whom it is issued
authority to engage in the activity prescribed thereon.
(9) "Licensee" means any person holding a license.
(10) "Person" means a natural person, not a legal entity.
(11) "Student" means any person enrolled and pursuing a course of
study in a licensed barber school.