Title 49, Chapter 5, Section 110
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Conviction" means a finding or verdict of guilty or a plea of
(2) "Crime" means a violation of Code Section 16-5-23, relating to simple battery, when the victim is a minor; a violation of Code Section 16-5-24, relating to aggravated battery, when the victim is a minor; a violation of Code Section 16-5-70, relating to cruelty to children; a violation of Code Section 16-12-1, relating to contributing to the delinquency of a minor; a violation of Chapter 6 of Title 16, relating to sexual offenses, excluding the offenses of bigamy or marrying a bigamist; a felony violation of Chapter 13 of Title 16, relating to controlled substances; a violation of Code Section 16-5-1, relating to murder and felony murder; a violation of Code Section 16-4-1, relating to criminal attempt as it concerns attempted murder; or any other offense committed in another jurisdiction which, if committed in this state, would be deemed to be one of the enumerated crimes listed in this paragraph.
(3) "Criminal record" means:
(A) Conviction of a crime;
(B) Arrest, charge, and sentencing for a crime where
adjudication or sentence was otherwise withheld or not entered
on the charge; provided, however, that this subparagraph shall
not apply to a violation of Chapter 13 of Title 16, relating to
controlled substances, or any other offense committed in another
jurisdiction which, if it were committed in this state, would be
a violation of Chapter 13 of Title 16 if such violation or
offense constituted only simple possession; or
(C) Arrest and being charged for a crime if the charge is
pending, unless the time for prosecuting such crime has expired
pursuant to Chapter 3 of Title 17.
(4) "Employer" means any person, organization, corporation, or
political subdivision which employs or uses the services of paid
employees or volunteers in positions in which the employee or
volunteer has supervisory or disciplinary power over a child or
(5) "GCIC" means the Georgia Crime Information Center established
under Article 2 of Chapter 3 of Title 35.
(6) "GCIC information" means criminal history record information as defined in Code Section 35-3-30.
(7) "Records check" means a records check comparison of GCIC
(8) "Records check application" means a set of classifiable
fingerprints, a records search fee in an amount to be determined
by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to cover the reasonable
cost of such records check, payable in such form as the GCIC may
direct to cover the cost of a records check under this article,
and an affidavit by the applicant consenting to a records check
and disclosing the nature and date of any arrest, charge, or
conviction of the applicant for the violation of any law, except
for motor vehicle parking violations, whether or not the violation
occurred in this state.