Title 49, Chapter 5, Section 90
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Child in care" means any person under the age of 17 years who
has been admitted to, is cared for, or resides in a facility.
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of human resources or
(3) "Corrective order" means an order by the commissioner
detailing the findings of the commissioner or his designee
regarding violations of law or rules or regulations of the
department by an institution or other conditions threatening the
health and safety of residents of the institution and the changes
which the commissioner has ordered.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Human Resources.
(5) "Emergency order" or "order" means a written directive by the
commissioner or his designee ordering the emergency relocation of
residents, prohibiting admissions, or placing a monitor in a
(6) "Guardian" means a minor's parent, legal guardian, or
(7) "Facility" means a child-caring institution or child welfare
agency subject to licensure under the provisions of Article 1 of
this chapter, unless specifically exempted by the rules and
(8) "Monitor" means a person, designated by the department, to
remain on-site in a facility, as an agent of the department,
(9) "Preliminary hearing" means a hearing held by the department
as soon as possible after the order is entered at the request of a
facility which has been affected by an emergency order placing a
monitor in the facility, relocating residents, or prohibiting
admissions in accordance with Chapter 13 of Title 50, the "Georgia
Administrative Procedure Act."