Title 50, Chapter 24, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Contractor" means:
(A) Any person engaged in the business of constructing,
altering, repairing, dismantling, or demolishing buildings;
roads; bridges; viaducts; sewers; water and gas mains; streets;
disposal plants; airports; dams; water filters, tanks, towers,
and wells; pipelines; and every other type of structure,
project, development, or improvement coming within the
definition of real or personal property, including, but not
limited to, constructing, altering, or repairing property to be
held either for sale or rental when the contract involves an
expenditure by a state agency of at least $25,000.00; or
(B) Any person supplying goods, materials, services, or supplies pursuant to a contract or lease on behalf of a state agency as described in Code Section 50-5-64 when the contract involves an expenditure by the state agency of at least $25,000.00.
(2) "Controlled substance" means a controlled substance as defined
in Article 2 of Chapter 13 of Title 16.
(3) "Conviction" means a plea of guilty or a finding of guilt,
including a plea of nolo contendere and regardless of treatment as
a first offender under Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 42, or
imposition of a sentence, or both, by any judicial body charged
with a responsibility to determine violations of the federal or
state criminal drug statutes.
(4) "Criminal drug statute" means any criminal statute involving
the manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, use, or
possession of any controlled substance or marijuana.
(5) "Drug-free workplace" means a site for the performance of work
done in connection with a specific contract referred to in
paragraph (1) of this Code section with a person, the employees
of which person are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful
manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use
of any controlled substance or marijuana in accordance with the
requirements of this chapter.
(6) "Employee" means the employee of a contractor directly engaged
in the performance of work pursuant to the provisions of the
contract referred to in paragraph (1) of this Code section.
(7) "Individual" means a contractor that has no more than one
employee, including the contractor.
(8) "Marijuana" means the substance as defined in paragraph (16) of Code Section 16-13-21.
(9) "Person" means a corporation, a partnership, a business trust,
an association, a firm, or any other legal entity except an
(10) "Principal representative" means the governing board or the
executive head of a state agency who is authorized to enter into a
contract with a contractor on behalf of the state agency.
(11) "State agency" means any department, division, board, bureau,
commission, or other agency of the state government or any state
(12) "Subcontractor" means a person hired by a contractor on an
independent basis rather than as an employee and who performs work
for the contractor under a contract as provided under subparagraph
(A) of paragraph (1) of this Code section.