Title 14, Chapter 2, Section 1301
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Beneficial shareholder" means the person who is a beneficial
owner of shares held in a voting trust or by a nominee as the
(2) "Corporate action" means the transaction or other action by the corporation that creates dissenters' rights under Code Section 14-2-1302.
(3) "Corporation" means the issuer of shares held by a dissenter
before the corporate action, or the surviving or acquiring
corporation by merger or share exchange of that issuer.
(4) "Dissenter" means a shareholder who is entitled to dissent from corporate action under Code Section 14-2-1302 and who exercises that right when and in the manner required by Code Sections 14-2-1320 through 14-2-1327.
(5) "Fair value," with respect to a dissenter's shares, means the
value of the shares immediately before the effectuation of the
corporate action to which the dissenter objects, excluding any
appreciation or depreciation in anticipation of the corporate
(6) "Interest" means interest from the effective date of the
corporate action until the date of payment, at a rate that is fair
and equitable under all the circumstances.
(7) "Record shareholder" means the person in whose name shares are
registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner
of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee
certificate on file with a corporation.
(8) "Shareholder" means the record shareholder or the beneficial