Title 16, Chapter 9, Section 92
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Computer" means an electronic, magnetic, optical,
electrochemical, or other high-speed data processing device or
system performing computer operations with or on data and includes
any data storage facility or communications facility directly
related to or operating in conjunction with such device; but such
term does not include an automated typewriter or typesetter,
portable hand-held calculator, household appliance, or other
similar device that is not used to communicate with or to
manipulate any other computer.
(2) "Computer network" means a set of related, remotely connected
computers and any communications facilities with the function and
purpose of transmitting data among them through the communications
(3) "Computer operation" means computing, classifying,
transmitting, receiving, retrieving, originating, switching,
storing, displaying, manifesting, measuring, detecting, recording,
reproducing, handling, or utilizing any form of data for business,
scientific, control, or other purposes.
(4) "Computer program" means one or more statements or
instructions composed and structured in a form acceptable to a
computer that, when executed by a computer in actual or modified
form, cause the computer to perform one or more computer
operations. The term "computer program" shall include all
associated procedures and documentation, whether or not such
procedures and documentation are in human readable form.
(5) "Data" includes any representation of information,
intelligence, or data in any fixed medium, including
documentation, computer printouts, magnetic storage media, punched
cards, storage in a computer, or transmission by a computer
(6) "Financial instruments" includes any check, draft, money
order, note, certificate of deposit, letter of credit, bill of
exchange, credit or debit card, transaction-authorizing mechanism,
or marketable security, or any computer representation thereof.
(7) "Property" includes computers, computer networks, computer
programs, data, financial instruments, and services.
(8) "Services" includes computer time or services or data
(9) "Use" includes causing or attempting to cause:
(A) A computer or computer network to perform or to stop
performing computer operations;
(B) The obstruction, interruption, malfunction, or denial of the
use of a computer, computer network, computer program, or data;
(C) A person to put false information into a computer.
(10) "Victim expenditure" means any expenditure reasonably and
necessarily incurred by the owner to verify that a computer,
computer network, computer program, or data was or was not
altered, deleted, damaged, or destroyed by unauthorized use.
(11) "Without authority" includes the use of a computer or
computer network in a manner that exceeds any right or permission
granted by the owner of the computer or computer network.