Title 19, Chapter 14, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Child" means a person under 18 years of age.
(2) "Child abuse" means harm or threatened harm to a child's
health or welfare by a person responsible for the child's health
or welfare, which harm occurs or is threatened through
nonaccidental physical or mental injury or the commission of a
crime involving physical or sexual abuse of a child.
(3) "Commission" means the State Children's Trust Fund Commission created in Code Section 19-14-3.
(4) "Neglect" means harm to a child's health or welfare by a
person responsible for the child's health or welfare which occurs
through negligent treatment, including the failure to provide
adequate food, clothing, shelter, or medical care.
(5) "Prevention program" means a system of direct provision of
child abuse and neglect prevention services to a child, parent, or
guardian and may include research or educational programs related
to prevention of child abuse and neglect.
(6) "Trust fund" means the State Children's Trust Fund established in Code Section 19-14-20.