Title 33, Chapter 15, Section 4
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Benefit contract" means the agreement for provision of benefits authorized by Code Section 33-15-60, as that agreement is described in subsection (a) of Code Section 33-15-63.
(2) "Benefit member" means an adult member who is designated by
the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a
(3) "Certificate" means the document issued as written evidence of
the benefit contract.
(4) "Laws" means the society's articles of incorporation, charter,
constitution, and bylaws, however designated.
(5) "Lodge" means subordinate member units of the society, known
as camps, courts, councils, branches, or by any other designation.
(6) "Premiums" means premiums, rates, dues, or other required
contributions by whatever name known, which are payable under the
(7) "Rules" means all rules, regulations, or resolutions adopted
by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are
intended to have general application to the members of the
(8) "Society" means fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise