Title 4, Chapter 11, Section 31
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Actor" means a person accused of any of the offenses defined in Code Section 4-11-32.
(2) "Animal" means any warm or cold-blooded animal or insect which
is being used in food or fiber production, agriculture, research,
testing, or education, including, but not limited to, hogs,
equines, mules, cattle, sheep, ratites, goats, dogs, rabbits,
poultry, fish, and bees. The term "animal" shall not include any
animal held primarily as a pet.
(3) "Animal facility" includes any vehicle, building, structure,
pasture, paddock, pond, impoundment, or premises where an animal
is kept, handled, housed, exhibited, bred, or offered for sale and
any office, building, or structure where records or documents
relating to an animal or to animal research, testing, production,
or education are maintained.
(4) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture.
(5) "Consent" means assent in fact, whether express or implied, by
the owner or by a person legally authorized to act for the owner
which is not:
(A) Induced by force, threat, false pretenses, or fraud;
(B) Given by a person the actor knows, or should have known, is
not legally authorized to act for the owner;
(C) Given by a person who by reason of youth, mental disease or
defect, or intoxication is known, or should have been known, by
the actor to be unable to make reasonable decisions; or
(D) Given solely to detect the commission of an offense.
(5.1) "Crop" shall mean any crops as defined in Code Section 1-3-3.
(5.2) "Crop facility" means any field, building, greenhouse,
structure, or premises where crops are grown or offered for sale
and any office, building, or structure where records, documents,
or electronic data relating to crops or crop research, testing,
production, or education are maintained.
(6) "Deprive" means unlawfully to withhold from the owner,
interfere with the possession of, free, or dispose of an animal or
(7) "Owner" means a person who has title to the property, lawful
possession of the property, or a greater right to possession of
the property than the actor.
(8) "Person" means any individual, corporation, association,
nonprofit corporation, joint-stock company, firm, trust,
partnership, two or more persons having a joint or common
interest, or other legal entity.
(9) "Possession" means actual care, custody, control, or
(10) "Property" means any real or personal property and shall
include any document, record, research data, paper, or computer
(11) "State" means the State of Georgia.