Title 40, Chapter 5, Section 54
(a) The department shall forthwith suspend, as provided in Code Section 40-5-63, the license of any driver upon receiving a record of such driver's conviction of the following offenses, whether charged as a violation of state law or of a local ordinance adopted pursuant to Article 14 of Chapter 6 of this title:
(1) Homicide by vehicle, as defined by Code Section 40-6-393;
(2) Any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used;
(3) Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 40-6-270;
(4) Racing on highways and streets;
(5) Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an
(6) Fraudulent or fictitious use of or application for a license as provided in Code Section 40-5-120 or 40-5-125.
(b) All judges of all courts having jurisdiction of the offenses set
forth in subsection (a) of this Code section shall, at the time of
sentencing, give notice to the defendant on forms provided by the
department of the suspension of the defendant's driver's license.
The period of suspension shall be determined by the department for
the term authorized by law. The court shall forward the notice of
suspension and the defendant's driver's license to the department
within ten days from the date of conviction. The department shall
notify the defendant of the period of suspension at the address
provided by the defendant.