Title 47, Chapter 1, Section 20
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Conviction" means a judgment of conviction for the commission
of a crime which is entered upon a verdict or plea of guilty.
(1.1) "Drug related crime" means a felony specified in subsection (b) of Code Section 16-13-30 and any felony specified in Code Section 16-13-31.
(2) "Employee contribution" means that part of the compensation of
a public employee which is paid by the employee or by the employer
on the employee's behalf to a public retirement system as a
requirement for membership in the public retirement system.
(3) "Final conviction" means a conviction which has been upheld
after the convicted person has exhausted all appeals of the
(4) "Political subdivision" means any county, municipality, or
local school district.
(5) "Public employee" means elected and appointed officials and
employees of the state or any branch, department, board, bureau,
commission, authority, or other agency of the state and elected
and appointed officials and employees of any political subdivision
or authority or other agency of a political subdivision.
(6) "Public employment related crime" means any one or more of the
(A) Theft as provided in any one or more of Code Sections 16-8-2 through 16-8-9 when the theft is by an officer or employee of a government in breach of duties as such officer or employee and conviction for such crime is punishable under paragraph (2) of Code Section 16-8-12;
(B) Any felony provided for in Article 1 of Chapter 10 of Title
16, relating to abuse of governmental office;
(C) Making false statements or concealing facts in matters within the jurisdiction of the state or a political subdivision as provided in Code Section 16-10-20;
(D) Conspiracy to defraud the state or a political subdivision as provided in Code Section 16-10-21;
(E) Stealing, altering, or concealing public records as provided in Code Section 45-11-1; and
(F) Selling offices or dividing fees as provided in Code Section 45-11-2.
(7) "Public retirement system" means any retirement or pension
system now or hereafter created by or pursuant to the authority of
Georgia law or the Constitution of Georgia which has public
employees as members of the retirement or pension system.
(8) "Vested" means having sufficient creditable service as a
member of a public retirement system to qualify to receive a
retirement benefit upon retirement or termination from public
service or upon attaining retirement age if public service is
terminated prior to attaining such age.