Title 7, Chapter 1, Section 628.1
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Bank" shall have the same meaning as set forth in 12 U.S.C.
Section 1813(h) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act, provided
that the term "bank" shall not include any "foreign bank" (which
is defined as in 12 U.S.C. Section 3101 of the International
Banking Act of 1978).
(2) "Bank holding company" shall have the same meaning as set
forth in 12 U.S.C. Section 1841(a)(1) of the Bank Holding Company
(3) "Bank supervisory agency" shall mean:
(A) Office of Comptroller of Currency, the Federal Deposit
Insurance Corporation, the Board of Governors of the Federal
Reserve System, and any successor to those agencies; and
(B) The agency of a state with primary responsibility for
chartering and supervising banks.
(4) "Branch" in the context of this part shall have the same
meaning as "domestic branch" in 12 U.S.C. Section 1813(o) of the
Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Nothing contained in this part
shall be construed to amend or modify the provisions of any other
part of this article.
(5) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of banking and finance
then in office and, where appropriate, all of his or her
successors and predecessors in office.
(6) "Control" means that which is set forth either in Code Section 7-1-605 or Section 2(a) of the federal Bank Holding Company Act of 1956, as amended, 12 U.S.C. Section 1841(a).
(7) "Deposits" means, with respect to a bank, all demand, time,
and savings deposits of individuals, partnerships, corporations,
the United States government, and states and political
subdivisions in the United States. Determinations of deposits
shall be made by reference to regulatory reports of condition or
similar reports filed by such bank with state or federal
(8) "Georgia bank" means a bank whose home state is Georgia.
(9) "Georgia bank holding company" means a bank holding company
(A) Has its principal place of business in the State of Georgia;
(B) Is not controlled by a bank holding company other than a
Georgia bank holding company.
(10) "Georgia state bank" means a bank chartered under the laws of
the State of Georgia.
(11) "Home state" means:
(A) With respect to a state bank, the state by which the bank is
(B) With respect to a national bank, the state in which the main
office of the bank is located; or
(C) With respect to a foreign bank, the state determined to be
the home state of the foreign bank under 12 U.S.C. Section
3101(c) of the International Banking Act.
(12) "Home state regulator" means, with respect to an out-of-state
state bank, the bank supervisory agency of the state in which such
bank is chartered.
(13) "Host state" means a state, other than the home state of a
bank, in which the bank maintains or seeks to establish and
maintain a branch.
(14) "Insured depository institution" shall have the same meaning
as set forth in 12 U.S.C. Section 1813(c)(2) and (3) of the
Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
(15) "Interstate merger transaction" means:
(A) The merger or consolidation of banks with different home
states and the conversion of branches of any bank involved in
the merger or consolidation into branches of the resulting bank;
(B) The purchase of all or substantially all of the assets of a
bank whose home state is different from the home state of the
(16) "Out-of-state bank" means a bank whose home state is not
Georgia, but the term does not include a foreign bank.
(17) "Out-of-state bank holding company" means a bank holding
company other than a Georgia bank holding company.
(18) "Out-of-state state bank" means a bank chartered under the
laws of a state other than Georgia.
(19) "Principal place of business" of a bank holding company means
the state of charter in which the aggregate deposits of the bank
subsidiaries of such bank holding company are largest.
(20) "Resulting bank" means a bank that has resulted from an
interstate merger transaction under this part.
(21) "State" means any state of the United States, including the
District of Columbia.
(22) "Subsidiary" means that which is set forth either in Code Section 7-1-605 or Section 2 of the federal Bank Holding Company Act of 1956, as amended, 12 U.S.C. Section 1841.