Title 8, Chapter 2, Section 111
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of community affairs.
(2) "Component" means any assembly, subassembly, or combination of
parts for use as a part of a building, which may include
structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and fire protection
systems and other systems affecting health and safety.
(3) "Industrialized building" means any structure or component
thereof which is wholly or in substantial part made, fabricated,
formed, or assembled in manufacturing facilities for installation
or assembly and installation on a building site and has been
manufactured in such a manner that all parts or processes cannot
be inspected at the installation site without disassembly, damage
to, or destruction thereof.
(4) "Installation" means the assembly of an industrialized
building on site and the process of affixing the industrialized
building, component, or system to land, a foundation, footings, or
an existing building.
(5) "Local government" means a county or municipality of this
(6) "Manufacture" means the process of making, fabricating,
constructing, forming, or assembling a product from raw,
unfinished, or semifinished materials.
(7) "Site" means the entire tract, subdivision, or parcel of land
on which the industrialized building is installed.
(8) "System" means structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical,
or fire safety elements, materials, or components used separately
or combined for use in a building.